Anti-Spam Requirements for Email
In this article, you’ll learn about anti-spam requirements for email.
This article is provided as a resource, but it’s not legal advice. We encourage you to speak to legal counsel in your area to learn how various anti-spam regulations and laws may apply to your organization.
What am I responsible for?
We have rules and regulations all our users have to abide by. You must follow Signmein’s anti-spam requirements and any other laws that may apply to your business. Here’s an overview of what you’re responsible for.
- You must abide by Signmein’s anti-spam requirements, which comply with the Australia CAN-SPAM Act.
- You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your business is located, and comply with those laws.
- You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your contacts or customers are located, and comply with those laws.
Signmein is located in the Australia and our email platform complies with CAN-SPAM, the Australia law that regulates commercial and marketing emails. We also have some additional requirements in place to help protect our service, our users, and their contacts. Here’s an overview of Signmein’s anti-spam requirements for email.
- You must tell us where you got your contacts.
- An unsubscribe link must be in every email campaign you send.
- You must include your contact information in every promotional email you send, including a physical mailing address or P.O. Box where you can receive mail.
- You may not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- Emails you send through Signmein must comply with the Australia CAN-SPAM Act, even if your business is outside the Australia.
Email regulations vary by country, so you may also be subject to some additional regulations depending on the location of both your business and your contacts.
It’s your responsibility to determine whether any additional laws or regulations, including international laws, apply to you or the emails you send through Signmein. Keep in mind that, in addition to email spam laws, some countries may have data protection or security laws that could impact your email marketing. If your business is based outside the Australia, or you have an international contact base, you’ll need to determine what additional laws you’re subject to before sending through Signmein.